Azerbaijan, the Land of Fire Travel Video
Azerbaijan or as it is known as the Land of Fire was kind of an unknown to me as a travel destination and so I decided to travel there and spend a month exploring the country from the hyper-modern capital city of Baku to the peculiar exclave republic of Nakhchivan. The journey begins at a site where they discovered several prehistoric rock carvings not too far from Baku.
The history of Azerbaijan stretched back to prehistoric times which is evidenced by the rock carvings in Gobustan and that's where our journey begins in the video. From the empty vastness of the land to humans existing throughout prehistoric times, to the discovery of fire that sprawled up all kinds of civilization, and then there was oil and that where the intro ends and our journey in modern-day Azerbaijan begins.
The video will take you through some of the most incredible sights in the hyper-modern city of Baku before making our way out into the mountains in the Azerbaijani Caucasus.
For this video, I wanted to show you the crazy development that came after the discovery of oil in the country, and you will notice many reference to the fact throughout the video such as the footages of the oil pumps and the excessive use of moving car footages after the intro. The journey picks up from there and you will see several footages of all the beautiful landscapes, architectures, and the people I met during the trip, all fastly cut in a way that should help you imagine what Azerbaijan is like.
Again, I hope you enjoy this video as much as I do making them. Enjoy!
Location: Baku, Quba, Khinaliq, Laza, Sheki, Ganja, and Nakhchivan
Music: Journey by Itai Armon (Licensed through Artlist.io)
Camera: Sony a6500 - Here is why the Sony a6500 is the best travel camera to get.
Camera Lens: 16 - 70mm F4 Zeiss lens and a few other lenses you can see here.
Looking for a complete itinerary for Azerbaijan? Check out: 2 Weeks Backpacking Itinerary to Azerbaijan
Further Reading for Azerbaijan
Looking for more information for your trip to Azerbaijan? Here is a collection of articles about Azerbaijan that you might find them useful:
- Looking for a complete travel guide to Azerbaijan? Check out: 2 Weeks Itinerary for Azerbaijan.
- The hyper modern capital city of Baku is unlike any other city in the Caucasus. It’s full of surprises and you will need a good guide to see them all. Here are 10 Awesome Things To Do In Baku, Azerbaijan.
- Two of the best sights you will see in Azerbaijan is Khinaliq and Laza, the ancient mountain villages in the Caucasus and to get there, be sure to check out A Backpacking Guide to Khinaliq and Laza.
- Standing on the ancient Silk Road, Sheki is a historical town rich in history and culture. To visit Sheki, check out: Top 7 Things To Do In Sheki, Azerbaijan.
- Ganja, the second largest city in Azerbaijan with a name that is hard to forget, has a ton of hidden gems for you to explore from Lake Goygol and Maralgol to the beautiful Imamzadeh Complex. Here’s everything you need to travel to Ganja: 8 Best Things To Do In Ganja, Azerbaijan.
- Nakhchivan, an autonomous exclave republic of Azerbaijan that is not attached to Azerbaijan itself due to conflict with Armenia is a republic you will have to see for yourself. To travel there, check out The Ultimate Backpacking Guide To Nakhchivan.
- Wondering where to go after Azerbaijan? How about you drop by the charming hipster city of Tbilisi, Georgia and after, visit Yerevan, Armenia?
- For all articles about Azerbaijan, visit Azerbaijan Travel Guide page.
- Looking to travel to the Caucasus Region? Check out all my articles about the region here: The Caucasus Travel Guide page.
- You can see all my Asia related articles here: Asia Travel Guide page.
- For more of my travel guides like this, visit my Destinations page.