Nusantara Travel Video
Indonesia is a massive country, so much so that I have created at least 3 travel videos about the country and I have yet to step foot on Sumatra, Kalimantan, Sulawesi, and a few thousands more. It’s amazing how I diverse the country is and how they are so unique from one another. There is so much to see in Indonesia and here is my attempt at showing another part of Indonesia I have not done before.
Today, I will take you to Bali, Lombok, Flores and explore the unique culture, breathtaking landscapes, the wonderful people of Nusa Tenggara.
Nusantara (means Archipelago in Bahasa), a collection of travel moments I captured during my 2 weeks trip through Bali, Lombok, and Flores. Bali and Lombok are pretty well-traveled but what blew me away was how beautiful Flores is. The number of wildlife you can encounter there is astounding.
What do you know about Flores? You may know about the Komodo Dragons and the islands they live on but there isn’t as many videos of Flores, the island where you actually have to go to see the Komodo Dragons.
For my trip, I had a chance to spend 10 days on Flores, starting from Labuan Bajo. I got on a boat and spent the first 2 days cruising around the Komodo National Park, visiting the Komodo Island, Rinca island, where you can actually see more Komodo dragons than the one it is named after, and Padar island, the best sunrise spot you can see.
During the live-aboard experience, all of us on the boat had a chance to bond, while exploring and learning about the Komodo dragons. In between, we went snorkeling and swam with Manta Ray, my first time ever, see them in its habitat. There are a ton of things to do around the Komodo National Park, especially if you are into diving and snorkeling.
After 2 days exploring the Komodo Islands, I flew inland into Ende, a town on the eastern part of Flores and traveled on land back west to see what Flores has to offer other than the Komodo Islands.
As it turned out, Flores is so much more than what it is known for. Throughout my 10 days in Flores, I went up to Kelimutu, a tri-colored volcanic lake in Moni, explored Bena traditional village in Bajawa and spent the rest of my time, riding a scooter around Ruteng and hung out with the enthusiastic locals of Flores.
So watch Nusantara, a travel video of my experience traveling around Bali, Lombok, and Flores, and enjoy the beautiful islands of Indonesia together!
I hope you enjoy the video and if you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask me in the comments below.
Further Reading for Indonesia
I hope you enjoyed this travel video about Indonesia. I have visited Indonesia more times than I could count and I have written a ton of articles about the country.
If you are looking for more articles about Indonesia, here is a selection of articles that might help you plan your trip to Indonesia even further:
- Looking for a complete itinerary for Indonesia? One Month Indonesia Itinerary and Travel Guide.
- Are you planning to travel to Indonesia as part of a big Southeast Asia trip? Check out our 3 months backpacking itinerary for Southeast Asia.
- Jakarta is the capital city of Indonesia and if you are flying into the country, you will likely have to go through the city. Do not let that go to waste and check out our travel guide on things to do in Jakarta in one day.
- Yogyakarta is a great place to break your trip through Java island towards the East. There are plenty of things to see in Yogyakarta so here’s my top 6 things to do in Yogyakarta.
- Did you know that there is an island in Indonesia that is free of tourists? One of that is Karimunjawa, a true hidden gem island of Java. Here’s a complete guide on how to travel to Karimunjawa island.
- Looking for an article that summarizes a trip through the Java island? Check out my photo essay of Java, Indonesia.
- Lombok is now gaining in popularity but one of the best things you can do on the island is to trek Mount Rinjani, a volcano on a lake in another volcano on an island. Here’s a complete guide on how to trek Mount Rinjani.
- Gili Trawangan is one of the most popular Gili islands in Lombok and even though it’s crowded, you can often find solitude if you know where to look. Plus, it’s cheap. Here’s an article about exploring the Gili Trawangan.
- Komodo Island is one of the most unique experiences you can never experience anywhere. Here’s a backpacking travel guide on how to explore the Komodo Islands (what to do, which cruise to pick and more).
- Flores is another great island that deserves way more credit than it deserves. There’s the Komodo islands, Kelimutu tri-colored lakes and so much more. Here is a 10 days travel guide for Flores and Komodo Island.
- Talking about Kelimutu, here’s a complete travel guide on how to get to Kelimutu lakes in Flores.
- Are you planning your Indonesia trip as part of a big Southeast Asia trip? If so, be sure to check out my photographic journey through the sub-continent. Here are 64 photos that will inspire you to visit Southeast Asia.
- Wondering where you want to go next? How about Timor Leste? Visit Timor Leste Travel Guide page for more travel guide about Timor Leste.
- To see all articles about Indonesia, visit Indonesia Travel Guide page.
- Looking for more travel guides for the Southeast Asia? You can find more on my Southeast Asia Travel Guide page.
- For more of my travel guides, visit my Destinations page.