Here is everything you need to know if you are interested in using my free travel photos for your own project or businesses. BucketListly Blog allows the use of my photos in two ways:
1. Creative Commons License
With Creative Commons you are free:
- To Share: Copy, Distribute, and Transmit the image
- To Remix: Create Derivative works of the image
Under these conditions:
- Attribution: Attribution to Pete Rojwongsuriya and a link back to BucketListly Blog must be made along with the image.
- Non-Commercial: The image must not be used for commercial purposes under any circumstances. For clarity on what defines commercial use, please see below the Sample Accepted Uses below.
Here is an HTML code template for the credit linking back to me if you decided to use the photos.
<a href="https://www.bucketlistly.blog/" target="_blank">Photos by Pete Rojwongsuriya</a>
Sample Accepted Use Of The Creative Commons License:
- Blog post about your travel
- Poster with the purpose to share and spread inspiration
- A website for your school project
- An individual using an image as a desktop background
2. License To Copyright
‘Commercial Use’ regarding the use of images online or offline is defined very broadly. The determination of commercial or non-commercial use is based on the contextual use of the image. The determination is NOT based on the tax-filing status of the entity using the image nor on whether or not a financial transaction takes place.
Commercial use of the photos is allowed only if expressly granted by Pete Rojwongsuriya. All commercial uses will incur a licensing fee. Our fees are based on the following criteria:
- Media – print, web, television, etc.
- Distribution Size – number of copies printed, viewing audience size, exposure (regional, national, international)
- Length of Use – 1 year, 2 years, etc.
- Prominence of Display – ¼ page, ½ page, full page, spread, front cover, back cover, home page (online), interior page (online), etc.
All licensing inquiries should be sent to: [email protected]
Sample Use Requiring A License To Copyright:
- A marketing campaign for a commercial entity
- A fund-raising campaign for a not-for profit entity
- A background image for a website about furniture